Training Courses for the Business of Shipping and Logistics
Business of Shipping and Logistics
This course aims to provide complementary knowledge on shipping and logistics.
The course is suitable for new entrants in the shipping and logistics industry.
- Maritime Economics and Shipping Markets
- Shipping Revenue and Costs
- Carriage of Goods by Sea Law
- Finance for Shipping
- Global Sourcing and Supply Management
- Marine Insurance - Its Principles & Practice
- Container Ports and Cargo Management
- Sales and Marketing in Container Shipping
|Date:||Every Saturday from 18th Sept to 6th Nov 2021|
|Duration:||8 consecutive Saturdays|
|Time:||09:30 - 13:30|
|Platform:||Zoom (Meeting ID and passwords to be provided upon registration)|
|18 September 2021||09:30 - 13:30||Global Sourcing and Supply Management||Dr Stephen Ng|
|25 September 2021||09:30 - 13:30||Container Ports and Cargo Management||Mr Wing-chiu Lam|
|2 October 2021||09:30 - 13:30||Marine Insurance - Its Principles & Practice||Mr Raymond T C Wong|
|9 October 2021||09:30 - 13:30||Shipping Revenue and Costs||Dr Judy Tong|
|16 October 2021||09:30 - 13:30||Maritime Economics and Shipping Markets||Mr Jagmeet Makkar|
|23 October 2021||09:30 - 13:30||Sales and Marketing in Container Shipping||Mr Alex So|
|30 October 2021||09:30 - 13:30||Law of Carriage of Goods by Sea||Dr S. K. Tai|
|6 November 2021||09:30 - 13:30||Finance for Shipping||Mr Jagmeet Makkar|
#This preparatory course is included in the pre-approved list of the "Professional Training and Examination Refund Scheme" under the Maritime and Aviation Training Fund (MATF) of the Transport and Housing Bureau. Under the Scheme, successful applicants will be refunded 80% of the fees for completing pre-approved courses/examinations, subject to a cap of $18,000.
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to students who have successfully completed the course.
- Register online.
- A cheque (payable to The Hong Kong Polytechnic University) should be mailed to “Room CD401e, CY Tung International Centre for Maritime Studies, Department of Logistics and Maritime Studies, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong”. Please specify “Application for BoSL” on the envelope. For the ease of administration, payment should be made two weeks before the courses commence.
- Successful applicants will receive an official notification one week before course commencement.
- For corporate training and development, please contact us for further arrangement.
7 September 2021